Effective Mold Removal Techniques to Keep your Home Clean

19

Mold is a type of fungus that grows and spread fast in a house that is not well maintained. In houses that have been destroyed by water, the process of removing mold can be challenging. Molds darken the ground, destroy wood and can also cause an allergic reaction to individuals suffering from hypertension. Research also has it that molds have certain toxic strains. Therefore, it is important to have your home freed from any type of mold.

Molds are commonly found in the bathroom and in the kitchen as these areas are normally humid in temperatures. A house that was invaded by water and not properly dried can also create a room for mold formation or growth. Mildew is one of the most common types of mold that grow in our homes. Before you start the process of removing molds, you should first carry out some tests in the area.

Areas invaded with molds normally produce a unique scent that is uncomfortable. If there are areas with black spots, you should apply some bleach and watch the reaction. If the place turns, you might be having mildew but if it doesn’t, then it may just be some form of dirt in the area. Mildew is not as destructive as other molds. Other molds cause rooting and deteriorate wooden surfaces making them a safety hazard. Wooden surfaces that have been affected by molds may scramble after sometime. An area largely infected by molds may produce a bad smell.

Therefore when removing the molds, you should put on protective clothing such as gloves or masks. You should not touch the molds with your bear hands when removing them. If you don’t mask your nostrils, the spores from the molds might affect your mucus membrane. Mold removal mississauga from your carpet can be challenging. It is therefore advisable to role the carpet and places it in a secure place before you start. This way, more molds would be exposed. You may use an exhaust fan to push away the spores produced by the molds.

 To Mold removal mississauga from a tiled floor, you can take a bucket of water mixed with detergents and bleach and pour on the affected area. The bleach will kill the molds while the detergent will help in rising up the mold infestation. To make sure that you have a mold free home, you should prevent leaks; dry the water damaged places completely and ensure proper ventilation.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s